Professional development is a cornerstone of today's nursing profession. National Nursing Professional Development Week is an opportunity to celebrate nurses as the expert voice and leading resource for nursing professional development in your facility.
The Association for Nursing Professional Development (ANPD) sponsors the event every year during the third week of September. In 2019, NPD Week takes place September 15-21.
During this week, take the time to celebrate each nurse's achievements, thank the staff, host educational activities, and teach others about nursing professional development.
ANPD is gearing up for NPD Week and they want you to join in on the fun. Download valuable information from the association's NPD Week Toolkit for easy-to-use tools to celebrate with your organization and share the value nursing professional development practitioners provide. Some of the resources found in the toolkit include:
• sample emails to personalize and send to your NPD department or other key stakeholders in your organization
• sample calendar listings and an article template to make it easy to promote your NPD Week activities
• web graphics and logos you can download and use on your organization's website or social media pages. Remember to link to the NPD Week page on ANPD's website: www.anpd.org/npd-week.
• an NPD-branded Facebook photo frame. Nurses can temporarily add a fun frame to your Facebook profile photo to let all your Facebook friends know that you are an NPD practitioner, perfect for NPD Week.
• a downloadable flyer to print and post around your organization. Use this flyer to get your NPD or Education Department ready for NPD Week.
Earlier this year, ANPD celebrated 30 years as an association with more than 5,000 members. ANPD continues to provide valuable resources, services, programming, and networking to its members as the association fulfills its goal to be acknowledged as the expert voice, advocate, and leading resource for nursing professional development practice.For more information, visit www.anpd.org/page/npd-week.